022 – How to Set and Actually CRUSH Your Goals | Entrepreneur Goals
Well, hello there amazing business owners! Welcome to a new year, and we are now into quarter TWO – how is it going so far? Did you reach your entrepreneur goals for the first quarter? Are you on track for the year? Or are you one of MANY business owners that aren’t even sure where they should be going, or what they should be doing? Ready for today’s episode of the podcast for photographers? Because it’s going to blow you away! The final three quarters of 2019 are in front of us and hopefully, you have a brand new planner or notebook or something that is that proverbial clean slate for the new year. Today, in the small business podcast Business Straight Up with Brooke Summer, I’m going to share how I set up my goals every year and crush them because I’m able to stay focused and actually track the steps to get there.
I also have a free gift for you, a goals tracking sheet that I have used for the past few years in my business. It is a monthly tool to remind you of the bigger picture so that you can keep your focus and look at the steps that you need to take to actually get things done.
Let’s be real, working for yourself can be really tough. You don’t have a boss hanging over your shoulder. You don’t have someone to make sure to get your work done. It’s all on you. So let talk about how to move forward with those goals, track your progress and keep your business moving forward to where you want it to be.
I know that setting goals can seem overwhelming – but I promise, it doesn’t HAVE to be! I have a free gift for you, a monthly goals download that we talked about in the episode. It’s completely FREE, and two pages, I usually print it front and back on one page. It’ll walk you through everything you need to know when it comes to the actual steps that you’re taking every single month because if you’re not tracking it, you’re not managing it. I realize that statement might ruffle some feathers, but it’s completely true. So get ON it! Chances are, you’re not getting things done. So, I want you to go download it here!
This episode is about moving forward, setting goals and making things happen! So let’s get the ball rolling!
Today, we are going to go through 5 actionable steps that you can take to crush your goals this year and to really make things happen.
I actually chose a word for the year and I have shared this on our Facebook group and on my photography blog that instead of a new year’s resolution, I choose a word every year. I can’t believe that it’s 10 years that I’ve been doing this. Each year, that word is the focus for my year, and my everyday actions. If you want to read more, check out those links, and let me know what you think – do you have a theme or word for the year?
Tangent, related but still – let’s get back to those goals right? Let’s talk about 5 things that you can implement today to kick ass in 2019 and crush your goals!
- 5 actionable steps that you can take to crush your goals this year
- The first step in crushing your goals, how looking back to the previous year helps (5:59)
- The second step, Achievement goals & Habit goals (8:45)
- The third step, working backward with the end in mind (13:29)
- The fourth step, split your year into quarters (17:31)
- The fifth step, track your goals (20:25)
- An open invitation to swim with the whale sharks with me! (26:35)
- Read more, learn, and get help from Brooke at Business Straight Up at businessstraightup.com
- Head on over to Facebook and join our community!
- To subscribe on iTunes, click here!
- If you’d like to get notice of new episodes by email, click here. Plus, advance notice of special classes, workshops, and mentoring opportunities that are ONLY available via email. If I could send you a cocktail via email, I would, so we’ll just have to have one together while I help you with your business, sound good?