013 – Blogging, publication and doing MORE with less time, with Cheryl Chastain! | Blogging for Photographers
Welcome back amazing entreprenesses and entrepreneurs to another episode of Business Straight Up, the Podcast for creatives and photographers to design a business and life they love! Blogging for photographers – is it worth it? Is it still relevant, does it even really matter? Is being published on other blogs worth the work? Is guest posting worth pursuing, and how the heck can I come up with ideas on what to write about?
In today’s episode we are going to talk with the awesome Cheryl Chastain about BLOGGING.
If you love this episode about blogging for photographers or any of the other episodes, can you do me a favor and go over to iTunes and leave a review? I know that it’s a few minutes out of your day, but it’s a few minutes that makes MY day, and then you can make note of my sarcasm too. Plus, if your review is read on an episode, you’ll get a super fun prize. Trust me, it’s totally worth it.
- Where to get inspiration for blog posts
- Turning your blog posts into other media
- The value in lead magnets
- Who Cheryl is and what she does (03:26)
- How blogging for photographers is still relevant in a world of YouTube and Instagram (05:52)
- Why SEO is not the only important part of blogging (07:12)
- Cheryl suggests looking outside your industry for ideas of things to write about (07:42)
- Using the questions your audience are asking as an inspiration for blog posts (09:08)
- Some traps that people fall into when writing blog posts (10:09)
- Cheryl gives some guidelines for blogging (11:55)
- The advantages of posting on your blog over Facebook or Instagram (15:26)
- The value of controlling the atmosphere of your clients experience (17:05)
- How often do you need to blog? (17:44)
- Tips on sharing your posts and getting readers to come to your post (18:57)
- The value in repurposing your content both on social media and by turning posts into different formats such as video (21:49)
- Cheryl talks about how guest posts helped a client dramatically increase her audience (22:56)
- Ways to find people to collaborate with on guest posts and while it’s important to keep in mind you ideal client while doing so (25:13)
- How to blog when you don’t have time to blog (28:21)
- Some discussion on why speaking a blog post and recording it can be a great way of writing a post (29:21)
- Brooke talks about context switching and why batching is advantageous (32:55)
- How to respect the ideas of other people and avoid plagiarism (33:42)
- What ghostwriting is and how it works (37:58)
- What a lead magnet is and how it attracts potential clients (42:10)
- Connect with Cheryl on her website at Abundant Content
- Read more, learn, and get help from Brooke at Business Straight Up at businessstraightuppodcast.com
- To subscribe on iTunes, click here!
- If you’d like to get notice of new episodes by email, click here. Plus, advance notice of special classes, workshops, and mentoring opportunities that are ONLY available via email. If I could send you an cocktail via email, I would, so we’ll just have to have one together while I help you with your business, sound good?