009 – How to NOT be a Handcuffed to Social Media, and How to Best Utilize it in Your Marketing Strategy with Stacey Harris! | Social Media for Photographers
Well hello there, awesome entrepreneurs, welcome to another episode of Business Straight Up, the podcast to help creative entrepreneurs build the business skills they need for success! Ready for some Creative and Photography social media marketing? I have seen so many posts lately in Facebook groups saying I CAN’T DO IT anymore! Social media for photographers and creatives can be so overwhelming, and business owners are frustrated with feeling like they have to keep up with social media nonstop, posting several times a day, just to be seen! I totally feel you, and know how demanding it can be, and I promise you – it does NOT have to be that way!
Today’s guest is THE Stacey Harris, she is an amazing social media coach and teacher, and we are going to get into the help that so many of my students are looking for, when it comes to social media. She is ON TOP of things when it comes to the major social media networks, and is my go-to when I have questions about updates, or strategy! There are really so many questions that come up, like which networks do I choose? Can I schedule things in advance? And what do I write when I don’t know what to share today? Stacey shares some amazing tools as well to help with your social media strategy! We are going to dive into ALL things social media, scheduling posts, and connecting with your audience.
- The role social media plays in marketing strategy
- Highlighting past content
- Scheduling social media
- Importance of knowing your audience
- How Stacy started her business (3:09)
- The overall goal of impacting lives (7:49)
- Men vs women when it comes to money shame (11:30)
- Social media as an important part of an overall marketing strategy (15:15)
- Scheduling social media posts and time for social media (18:45)
- Not just talking, but listening (21:35)
- Adding value to potential clients’ lives (25:30)
- Should you be on all forms of social media? (27:18)
- The rule of two (28:20)
- Knowing what your audience likes (32:27)
- Staying accountable (35:40)
- Social media strategies intertwined with web strategy (37:22)
- The basis of building a brand (39:32)
- Highlighting past content (40:07)
- Keep showing up (49:00)
- If you wait for it to be perfect, it never will be (51:55)
- Imperfection as a connection point (54:40)
- Stacy’s top 3 uses for Asana (56:00)
- Find Stacey at thestaceyharris.com and hitthemicbackstage.com
- Read more, learn, and get help from Brooke at Business Straight Up at businessstraightuppodcast.com
- To subscribe on iTunes, click here!
- If you’d like to get notice of new episodes by email, click here. Plus, advance notice of special classes, workshops, and mentoring opportunities that are ONLY available via email. If I could send you an cocktail via email, I would, so we’ll just have to have one together while I help you with your business, sound good?
And again… I don’t always take notes but DAYUM loved this episode, and I want to shout it from the rooftops that social media for photographers DOES NOT HAVE TO BE SO DIFFICULT! Check out my notes below.